Terms & Conditions
1. Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject on the basis of style/composition.
2. Title to all concepts, visuals, roughs, designs, transparencies, illustrations, artwork and other materials to remain the property of Rik Barwick (the designer) until all payments have been received.
3. The original artwork is distinct and different to the reproduction rights of that artwork and all original artwork remains the property of the artist/designer unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Any original artwork in the possession of the commissioner may be held to be copied or used in accordance with its agreed use and must be returned within a reasonable time after that use.
4. Where artwork has been commissioned, the parties agree that the copyright is retained by the designer and no reproduction rights are granted unless and until all sums due pursuant to this agreement have been paid.
5. Interest shall accrue at 2% per month on outstanding sums due from 30 days after invoice date.
6. It is understood that the designers’ fee is an estimate and accordingly they reserve the right to charge for all work done if the work commissioned takes longer than the time originally anticipated at the date of the estimate, for reasons beyond the control of the designers, or by reason of a change or amended brief or art direction.
7. A booking is considered firm as from the date of this letter and, accordingly, the designer reserves the right to charge a minimum of 50% cancellation fee plus expenses or a larger cancellation fee if the designer has spent time and money in preparation for the brief.
8. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and is not to be varied except by agreement in writing.
9. These terms and conditions shall be effective in relation to all dealings between the client and the designer.